I finally started knitting again, but I don't have a lot of the photos, because this has been such a crazy year with the remodeling and moving. I even joined "Loose Knit Group" a local stitch-n-bitch that meets weekly. I have so much yarn it is an embarrassment, and yet, I went out and bought more. I have had so much fun with felted knitting, I really miss my top-loading washing machine.
I have been working out the kinds in my Slouch socks and modified the pattern.
I decided that I wanted to knit myself a pair of true slouch socks. None of the patterns I saw spoke to me, so I decided to knit my own. There were a few false starts, for example when I tried knitting them from homespun and realized I did not have enough wool for two socks. Ordinarily that would not be a problem, but I have not been able to recreate that roving, much less that yarn! It is truly one of kind I suppose. Then I bought some Sockotta and started over. This time I got it just exactly the way I wanted it. I even managed to roughly match up the self-patterning portion. The photos were taken before washing, but they were comfortable.
I knit these socks out of the very first yarn I ever spun on a wheel. The roving was the infamous Muppet Guts from Kae at FaeryLady Fibers. I spun this just before Hurricane Katrina came blowing through time. Ben was kind enough to pose for another photo session, even though he was on call. I decided to keep a long shot and close up.
I finally took a photo of the shawl that I made a while ago and am donating to my friend Johnnie Glenn for a silent auction. This is the "Diamond Knit Shawl" pattern from Lion Brand, made out of a couple of skeins of Lion Brand Home Spun. I am pleased with how it turned out and have made the shawl in other colors, because I have amassed quite a bit of Lion Brand Home Spun in a variety of colors.
These are Debbie Bliss' Lace and Bobble Bootees from her book Debbie Bliss Cotton Knits for All Seasons. I picked up an odd skein of Debbie Bliss Cotton/Wool to make this. I have already started another pair in a much softer gray blue. I also made them using an odd ball of Lustersheen that I had left over. I think it worked up quite well and they are definitely washable.
I did take some photos of the finished French Market Bag from Knitty.com. I made this using Lamb's Pride Worsted Weight Wool from Brown Sheep Company, using size 10 needles. The finished bag before felting was HUGE, but it did felt down to about the same size as the one from the pattern.
I already plan to make it again, changing the handles a little. Check out Susan's blog from I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can for suggestions!
I decided to make a purse for myself and I just wasn't happy with the commercial patterns. So I decided to do what I wanted and winged it. I finished the whole thing except for one strap about a month ago. For some reason, I just could not get it finished. Oh, yeah, I moved! Then last night I finally sat down and finished it. Here it is before felting and being blocked. I will post a photo of the finished product when I get it completely finished.